Easy DIY Flower Arrangement Using a Mug as Vase
Here’s a sweet idea for the ladies in your life like your sweet Mom, your sister the pup mom, your bestie the twin & kitty momma, So many incredible women in your life that deserve a little extra love and care! it is perfect for any special occasion, especially for Mother's Day!
Ok, Let’s get creative !
- Selection of Fresh Flowers & greenery ( I am using blooms from my garden but store-bought or field-picked flowers work just as great!)
- Tap Water
- Flower food (optional but always helps)
- Mug ( any mug will do but a beautiful new mug from my collection would be even better, a gift within a gift! 😃
- Tape (you can use masking tape or painters tape)
- Scissors (I adore these Japanese Snips )
Here's a quick little tutorial I created for you over in my Youtube channel
- Fill your mug 1/2 of the way with water (if you have flower food add it in now to make your flowers last a little bit longer)
- Start creating a lattice grid on the edge of your mug with the tape, this helps keep your stems in place
- Press the tape around the edge to make sure it’s firmly attached to the mug
- Trim your flower stems at an angle to about 2-4 inches taller than your mug
- Start arranging your flower stems. I like to add my showy flowers first, then fill in the spaces with accent greenery or other little flowers or grasses. Make sure to carefully turn your mug to see all angles( avoid splashing water onto the tape)
- Place your arrangement in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight before presenting it to the lucky Mom ☺️
PS. My handmade ceramic mugs are dishwasher safe so you can just pop them in to clean right after the flowers are done. Don't forget to compost your spent arrangement to add goodness to your garden soil later on!
I hope you'll give this a try!, I think it works beautifully as an extra special gift presentation any time of the year!
Will you be trying this ? Share with me in the comments below
Talk to you soon friend,