Lighter, sunnier weather calls for delightful and fresh recipes that are quick but no less delicious because of how simple they are to make!
I wanted to share an essential family recipe from the Italian side of my heritage, this recipe is crucial in my repertoire, a go-to when all else fails or simply when I don’t feel like making a big effort making a meal, but I know I can always count on to impress and delight my guests, and myself!
Behold the magical Frittata , this is a modified version from my Italian Nona's original recipe (Nona is grandma in Italian), she used to have a restaurant maaany moons ago, although we lost her when I was but a ;little girl, her memory lives on through her delicious comforting food. This recipe it is my personal take for a super quick baked version, perfect for today's busy life, it takes only 17 minutes from start to finish! ( 14 of those minutes is baking in the oven so it gives you enough time to make a salad and set a simple but lovely table which I share some ideas with you below!)
Let’s get cooking!!
Serves 1-2 people ( you can make a larger skillet by doubling the recipe and adding another 6-8 minutes to your oven timer)
- 4 medium brown eggs
- 2 scallions
- 5 Shiitake mushrooms ( or any mushrooms of your choice)
- 1 tbsp parmigiano reggiano or any cheese of your choice
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Pam Baking Spray ( works amazingly for baking anything and keeping it from sticking to the pan/mold )
- 8” stainless steel skillet ( must be oven-safe )
- Mixing bowl (shop my lace bowl here
- Preheat oven to 405 F
- Using your mixing bowl crack open all 4 eggs, beat with a fork to quickly incorporate them
- With cooking scissors chop your scallions into thin slices , then add to egg mixture
- Slice mushrooms and add to egg mixture
- Add pepper, salt and garlic powder in
- Beat all ingredients softly together (tip if you love fluffy eggs add a splash of milk to mixture!)
- Spray your skillet with the Pam baking spray, this spray is amazing to allow anything you bake in the oven to come out without sticking!
- Pour egg mixture into skilled and sprinkle your cheese on top
- Place skillet in the oven and set a timer for 14 minutes
You can now make a simple salad 🥗, set the table and get ready to enjoy a quick yet super delicious frittata!
TIP: Try adding other veggies like peppers, steamed broccoli, cored tomatoes, steamed asparagus , spinach, also try adding your favorite gourmet cheese for a boost of flavor! The basic recipe works wonders with endless combinations!
SETTING THE TABLE
Every meal is the perfect opportunity to use your favorite things, keeping your best wares for a "special occasion " in so yesterday! enjoy every little treasure daily . For me the essentials are: Beautiful dinnerware , timeless glassware , 100% linen tablecloth and linen napkins , a multi-functioning vase & a romantic candle holder
Here's a little inspiration on how to set a quick romantic table in just a few minutes
Hope you enjoy this quick recipe! Let me know if you’ll be trying it soon! Leave me a comment below ☺️